This course is designed to develop a strong foundation of the students for developing powerful visual communications. Students will learn to develop design concepts, drawing and design techniques and application of software like Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, websites, posters, catalogs, 2D animations etc. The course will take the students through a proper workflow and explain steps involved in developing a 2D animation movie.
Basics of Drawing & Design Techniques.
• Animation History, Types, Treatments, 2D vs 3D.
• Color Theory, Light Theory, Layering.
• Implementing design concepts in generic designing software e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Corel Draw.
• Understanding Raster & Vector Images.
• Working with Texts Objects, History Palette and Rulers
• Enhancing Images Filters, Special Effects and Smart objects.
• Adobe Bridge, Camera Raw and Scanning
• Generating Output for Print Media & Web
• Importing Graphics, Using Draw Tools & the Tool Palette,
• Idea generation/Concept Development and Writing Story Brief.
• Story Boarding and Animatic.
• Character Building (Orthos) and Environment Development
• Script, Shot Division and Screen-play.
• Pose Boards & Expression Boards.
• Creating Animations, Frame sizes and Frame rates.
• Using Frame, Button & Movie Clip Actions
• Optimizing & Publishing Animations for Web and Broadcast.
Specially compiled reading material • Class demos/presentations in electronic format • Video assignments for home viewing • Drawing Aids will be provided. (in pdf, avi, jpg formats)
As a project participants of the course have to develop a theme and design a logo, brochure, poster and website according to that theme. In addition to this he has to create a commercial level short 2D animation using the tools learned during the course and going through steps required in the production life cycle.
Certificate in Certified Graphics Designer by Creative Soft Technologies